Friday, February 1, 2013

And I'm in!

Greetings from across the pond. My train made it all the way across the Atlantic, although the passengers did get a bit wet. Ha Ha - can't help but make a joke on Grandpa, even if he isn't here to defend himself. Anyways . . . My planes did all land safely and despite practically living in the O'Hare and Heathrow airports (between the two, I was in airports for 13+ hours) I am feeling well and am ready to hit the road. My first meal I picked up at the nearby Centra (Liz, did you shop at these?); it consists of a chicken breast sandwich, a big can of Carlsberg beer, and a pack of these delicious Fox's chocolates. They are akin to Kit-Kats with the wafers and chocolate, but they manage to be quite a bit crunchier and the chocolate is of a better quality.

I wish I could post some pictures, but I don't think I can hook up my camera to this computer. I think this may be a continuing problem throughout the trip. My apologizes in advance. But I'll do my best. I can tell you, however, that I saw a lot of green fields and a lot of water from the airplane. Upon landing, I saw a small flock of sheep and a cloudy, rainy sky. So far I have seen very little of downtown, but I did drive past Temple Bar on my way to this hostel, which has proven to be warm, dry and clean - the three most important things to a weary traveler.

With that I shall retire for the evening. I have slept very little in the past 2 days (about 4 or 5 hours on the flight over, but I was continually awoken by turbulence and uneasiness), so my plan for the night includes mostly sleep.

Until the next time . . .

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Yea! Sounds like everything is going great. Sweet dreams & thanks for the update.

Lizzie said...

Don't worry about the pictures. Your words are just as good & probably less of a headache technology-wise. We'll see them when you're home. I think the meal sounds great &, yes, I did do a bit of shopping at the Centra (a couple of them). You could have your first tap-drawn pint of Guiness at Temple Bar to keep up the tradition!? I can't believe it's been over 7 years since I was there! Get yourself some soda bread at a bakery, too. Mmmmm.

The Wistes said...

You've been waiting forever to say "from across the pond", haven't you. Glad you made it! All our love... ~Becky