Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baby Things.

Yikes! I just did some baby shopping. I'm excited to have finally ordered a set of aden & anais swaddle blankets- apparently they are the best ever, and their patterns are adorable. I've wanted some since Charlie was a baby, but then I had so many other things to buy; this time I am already pretty set so I decided to splurge. They are muslim and get softer as you wash them. Plus they are quite large and make swaddling more realistic, especially as baby gets to be a few months old (they are 47" x 47"). I also got a copy of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth for $1.21 on Amazon. That is my baby sleep bible, and figured it would be worth owning, instead of loaning it from the library every time I have a sleep crisis (not me, the baby(s), however when baby has a sleep crisis, so does Mommy!). Plus there is a section on setting up multiple babies' sleep schedules, which I am hoping will come in handy while doing daycare- is it crazy to think that two babies will be sleeping in the same room? I'm hoping...

And I am nervous that I got a coupon from Parent magazine for a free car seat cover and breastfeeding cover (called udder cover- isn't that an awful name? a more expensive, reviewed as better quality cover is called hooter hider!), and then used said coupons. I paid $12 shipping costs for both, and am hoping I'm not a sucker. Some reviews were positive, but just as many were basically, you pay for what you get, and if it seems too good to be true it probably is. So we shall see (they are non returnable and apparently the customer service is awful; but their prints are beautiful, and their model moms very hip). So that's where the yikes comes in. Usually I read tons of reviews, however I thought I was in a hurry due to while supplies last threats. Okay, I guess I am kind of a sucker. However, I will be slightly ticked at Parent magazine if these do suck. They are affiliated in my opinion as the coupons came with the magazine and I took that for granted. I typically really like and agree with Parent magazine's reviews.
Now I am going to put it out of my mind and am going to stop reading reviews, as I'm committed and will reserve judgment for when I actually receive them.

~Becky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Becky, for the two, lovely posts. I had gotten out of the habit to check it and finally made time (by getting up early, by myself) to sit down and read/enjoy them. I'm thinking that this year is already looking good… I can't wait for all those babies! Love you and see you again soon!
- Tata