Sunday, January 6, 2013

A New Year. Many Exciting Things.

*A reminder for you more technologically challenged, if while viewing this post you left-click on the first picture, it will give you a slideshow view of the pictures so that you can see them better. Then just push the over arrow.
**I do not know how to change picture orientation while on Blogger... I did not load any pictures sideways, but there is no easy way to change it once its on here. Blogger, if you're listening, please make your format more picture friendly, it drives me crazy! I would love to be able to edit pictures while on Blogger.

First off, let's catch up.

Trick -or treating with the Lion and the Gnome (I think Charlie thinks he was Santa Clause. He now puts a bubble beard on at bath time and says, "Ho, ho, ho". I let him see in the hand mirror, and he finds himself quite hilarious. I do not know what Clarence thought, however, he is adorable, and his costume perfectly matched his actual hair color.)
In Grandma's defense, she was set up... she was handed a crying baby, which made the other baby cry.

Then there was the visit to go and see Santa Clause. I always think it is a pleasure to also see Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause. Charlie was very prepared to tell Santa that he wanted a tractor for Christmas, walked up and sat in Santa's lap, and then got too shy. But he took it very seriously. Clarence on the other hand, took the opportunity to air a few grievances. (I wonder if Mrs. Clause looks the same in every picture? Man she's good.) Santa Clause did come to our house, and I reassured Charlie that I let him know about his tractor. Thanks to Ya Ya, we had a few cookies to put under the tree, which Charlie checked in the morning, and Santa Clause had eaten them all! There was even one kind Daddy didn't think Santa Clause would like, but it was still gone. Perhaps the reindeer ate it? Next year we should probably leave some homegrown organic carrots, I don't think reindeer should be eating cookies.

And finally, a few goings ons around the house. This is Charlie's way of helping Mommy out... scrubbing the bath tub (I use baby friendly cleaning products), putting pots and pans away (he also took off all of my loose pot lid handles- let's just say most of them were loose. Then Daddy had to get involved, because there's more pieces then you'd think!), decorating Christmas cookies, baking a pie in his new tart pan (baking tools from Ya Ya, kind of fitting), and getting ready to help Daddy organize his gardening supplies. Also, his first haircut picture with Joe the Barber (his first haircut certificate stated that he has now graduated from babyhood, it was a sad and proud day for his parents). 
I didn't even get any pictures when we went to the Viking/Bears game with Kali and Sean. Which I would argue was the best Viking game of the season, and an awesome first game experience for Charlie because of our good seats (my first regular season game, too- I did see a preseason game at Lambeau, which also happened to be Aaron Rodgers first starting game ever). Trav would probably say the best was the Viking/Packer game that enabled their playoff visit. I would say after last night, that win was a high that lasted a mere 6 days. 
Anyways, Merry Christmas!
  





And Happy and Exciting New Year!
2013 will find us welcoming a new Lingenberry (a firecracker baby, due on my Grandma Z's birthday). My cousin Emily is also having a little one in March, that I will be watching; so between gardening and many, many craft projects I have in my mind, we have a lot to get ready for (and we are so thankful!).
Liz is also going to have a spectacular garden this year (lasagna gardening anyone?), and I would imagine that Clare Bear will be very helpful (I hope he has a pair of bib overalls! And I'll have to check if I have that pair of boots from Helen that will probably fit him this year, or else Mum has them, or maybe you already have them?). She is also working on a living room remodel, and what else? Perhaps Lizzie will blog this year...
Katie will return as the European Traveler, with a couple of months spent in Ireland and Italia. She will be doing some WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms), hopefully involving cheese, and I would imagine some regular old galivanting (which can be defined as roaming about in search of pleasure or amusement). She will be in Ireland for St. Patrick's day and Italy for which celebration? ________ (I can't remember, so she will have to fill us in).
And perhaps she will be working on a Dude Ranch in Wyoming this summer (I'm not sure what her pseudonym will be at that time?), and maybe taking Truman out with her for a week?. Truman said that Aunt Carol is familiar with several Dude Ranches out there, so perhaps Katie, you should check with her.
Mum and Dad will be farming and loving on Grandbabies. And gardening and canning. And making cheese and selling Melaluca, in case anyone wants to try it out (http://www.melaleuca.com/). Is that the right website?

Okay, so that sort of catches us up. I think we need to blog this year because we won't be seeing each other as much (especially Katie, and what an easy way to update us a little when you have internet access, even just to tell us you made it somewhere!). I will commit to blogging at least once per week, maybe that could be a goal. We all know how fun it is to check the blog and find that someone has added to it. And remember, "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy," (Red Green). (Even if we're not all that interesting, at least we have the same kind of humor :)

XOXO to all! ~Becky

No comments: