Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Busy weekend...

I actually have interesting things to blog about, but no time to do so at the moment. I have to get to work pretty soon, but we had a very busy weekend. It was Trav's birthday, we picked and froze black caps (my dad is a great "scout"), and visited Seed Savers in Decorah, IA (more on that later); went to Trempeleau, WI for Lizzie's birthday and had a great brunch the next morning, and made 20 more batches of Cream of Turnip/Kohlirabi /Reutabega soup (100 cups of broth and 80 cups total of those three veggies...pictures to come, because it took us ALL day and I'm still in the process of freezing).

Later,
~Becky

PS I would have blogged yesterday, but I can seriously use the excuse that we had no electricity for several hours after I got home from work. A squirrel fried himself on the power line behind our house in the alley, and for some reason it took hours for the electric man to flip a breaker switch. I was sitting there using our brand new vaccuum packer (Trav's birthday present from his parents), and all of a sudden heard a big POP, which all of us neighbors agreed sounded like fireworks, which we are totally used to because somebody shoots them off daily in our neighborhood(even in the winter and regularly during the day when you can't even hear them). Regardless to say that squirrel put a big holt on my food processing and blogging last night.

1 comment:

Bob said...

One of these days I've got to have a garden tour.