Thursday, May 23, 2013

I've been meaning to put a list up like the one below because I find it handy as a reference  and I like this one from the Environmental Working Group because it is current. They analyze data from the Department of Agriculture about pesticide residue and rank foods based on how much or little pesticide residue they have. The group has estimated that individuals can reduce their exposure by 80% if they switch to organic when buying these 12 foods.


FYI These "meatballs" are made from organic homemade play dough. Eat at your own risk. I'm not sure why they are flat, but it was cute that he needed to borrow my cookie/meatball scoop to make them.

He informed me this morning that he can bake a cake by himself. I asked him how, and he said put in pan and put pan in oven. He also told me last night "Mama have big butt", and I think he meant it as a compliment. I'm trying really hard to enjoy every second of this stage of speech development, how he talks and what he says, because I know that I'm going to miss it terribly. I will not, however, miss having play dough stuck to my floor (oh, I probably will miss that someday, too).
~Becky

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute, little, skinny jeans! And already making his own recipes....maybe Charlie can figure out how to make raspberries taste good in hamburger :)

Kali said...

A) Adorable skinny jeans!
B) YaYa probably told him how to bake that cake.
C) Hilarious about him saying you have a big butt. I hope it was a compliment!

Lizzie said...

Maybe Charlie is ready for that easy yogurt cake that you measure all ingredients using a yogurt container? He IS so much fun - all the time! Try to enjoy now without melancholy:) Brad tells me I'm too doom & gloom sometimes, also, but it's easy to do when you see how much they grow and change with such speed.

Clarence is learning the power of "no" this week, in hesitating - but increasingly more confident -increments. Makes me want to laugh out loud:) (That was one word I was hoping would wait.)

The Wistes said...

I personally enjoy wearing skinny jeans because they are so comfy, but I think they only truly look good on babies and toddlers. Maybe Charlie will keep wearing them and will change my mind- perhaps he has the perfect body type (*mental image of Trav wearing skinny jeans as a teenager, haha).
I forgot about yogurt cake- that is a good idea. He is probably ready, as he LOVES to cook. Now when you ask him who makes the best cakes, he says "YaYa and me!"
And "No no!" Our little "yes man" should not learn how to say "no", except that I'm sure its just as adorable. ~Becky