Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A few nice days.

We're so lucky that when its nice outside, we have the time and ability to take advantage of it. And I don't mean to complain, but FINALLY we have us some spinach (poor Charlie wasn't feeling that great, but I think the fresh air was good for him).

We didn't even use dressing, they were delicious!

I found this lovely little garden basket for Charlie at Salvation Army- perfect for picking radishes with Daddy. And of course, a hat just like Grandpa Wiste's.

Our first Sun Tea of the season. Tea in water, sitting in the sun. If you want to try it, you can even put a small amount in a quart or half gallon glass jar with a lid. Plus it won't take up as much room in your fridge.

We probably needed the rain days after to recuperate. Trav has a few things left to plant, and if he doesn't get it done soon, he might be too far behind to catch up in the garden competition this year (plus, fresh beet salads, mmmm). I am pleased that I got a few beds weeded, with a few left to go. My goal this year is to try to maintain; we'll see how that goes. I keep going back and forth with myself as to whether or not I'm willing to sit in my flower bed for a million years to try to get rid of some kind of invasive flower that produces trillions of bulbs. But so far I've prioritized the garden and I might decide I don't care enough to be so uncomfortable. ~Becky

2 comments:

The Lingens said...

The pictures are wonderful. But where are the pictures of Becky?

Lizzie said...

All your pictures are lovely, but Percy's right - where's Mumma?

I loke the picture with Charlie holding the spinach - he looks so serious, just needs one of those chef's hats & an apron!