Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Old Home=New Adventures

Now that I've returned safe and sound what's my next move?? Graduate!! Well, don't hold your breathe...it'll be at least another 2 semesters before that happens. In the meantime-

It begins fresh and white, shrivels with age but at the end explodes in your mouth. Sound like Charlie going through the digestive process? Really its Ricotta Salata, the love of my life (so is Charlie).

Anyone care to translate this? Photo taken from medieval manuscript. I'll eventually translate 5 lines of it (into italian).

My first ricotta made after my return. It is now sitting in my basement, aging. I'm hoping it will be just as flavorful as it's sicilian cousin (see above).

Love, Zia Katie

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

To Katie: I think you deleted your facebook and I don't have your current email.

So I need katie's email, whoever is reading this, please.

Evelyn said...

... please send to genadeke@reed.edu or post here