Sunday, March 14, 2010

I said, "Sounds like a lot of work." He said, "Sounds like a lot of Fun!"

It was so beautiful today, I didn't have the heart to make Trav stay inside to work on the bathroom - as if I could have stopped him from getting out his tiller (his Christmas present from his dad). I took a bunch of pictures to try to get a good one, and I swear he is grinning in every single one. He just got a good 'ole dose of Vitamin D today (and is currently snoozing on the couch behind me while I type this, big smile on his face).

We dug out all of the carrots and a few parsnips. (We ate parsnips for supper with steak and peas from last year, and oh man! Plus I have a roast full of carrots going right now.)
Beautiful, beautiful carrots...
Trav and one of his big turnips...
Liz and Brad should have stuck around- we got all kinds of goodies today. And Trav planted a whole ton of peas and a few radishes. Its difficult to imagine, after a sunshine filled day like today, that our hard workin' garden gnome looked like this, just a week and a half ago. I almost brought the poor fellow inside back then (which maybe I should have done, because not all of the onion seeds came up). But he was waiting patiently (or impatiently if I am perhaps figuratively talking about Trav) for Spring thaw.
It was such a good day, even my bread turned out. Yay for the sunshine!
Good Night! (I know we'll be sleeping good...)
~Becky

2 comments:

The Wistes said...

Does anyone know what Bill and Linda's blog is? I'd like to add it to our list.

The Wistes said...

I'm not sure what their blog is, but I can ask Bill - he e-mailed me a bit ago. Becky and Trav . . . looks as if your garden/backyard will be as beautiful as usual! Enjoy the outdoors! Love you all.

-Katie