Sunday, March 1, 2009

Western Minnesota


Trav and I went out to see his family this weekend. I always love the drive to go see his grandma. Its so scenic, and I got lots of good knitting done! There are fields and fields of windmills now, and they are working on hooking up the huge power lines to transport the energy. It was really windy out, so its crazy to think of how much energy they were creating as we drove by. We could even see the windmills from our bedroom window at his grandma's. Its hard to capture just how impressive they look, but Trav was game to stop for me - I was too chicken to walk right up to one though, maybe another trip.


Now, on to Percy's new kitchen...
I know you guys are waiting to see pictures.
We did tons of baking, so note the delicious doughnuts on the island. We made plain, sugar, cream filled, and raspberry filled. We also helped make homemade Oreos, chicken wings (that were marinated), and homemade ice cream. Obviously we didn't go hungry, and Percy is enjoying her kitchen.
We were also excited to see Trav's sister this weekend and had fun playing dice and cards, watching Cash Cab - along with more knitting! (It was fun to have someone to knit with - Trav's sister is making a beautiful babyblanket following the Log Cabin design in Mason-Dixon knitting.)
And for your viewing pleasure, this is the kitchen floor (wood) and entryway.
Thanks for having us and for all of the goodies :)
~Becky

1 comment:

The Wistes said...

The kitchen looks wonderful, and so does all the good food. It makes my mouth water just thinking of it. When I was out in Colorado, I saw a wing from the windmills up close . . . it was HUGE. They are a little creepy looking if you ask me, especially when it is just getting dark. But it is good to hear that there are so many going up.

-- Katie