Friday, March 27, 2009

And then, it got bigger!

This is the new garden space/the rest of our yard. It's going to be that you walk down the path, and basically have a fence on both sides, all of the way down (except for the flower bed to the left.) It's a little bit hard to see in the picture exactly what is yard and what is garden because the sod isn't all turned over yet.



Trav planted peas today, and the branches he cut off of the red bushes are going to be, what he calls, the "pea sticks"- for the peas to grow on. Its a different approach, so we'll see how that turns out. I am so craving a seven-layer salad right now, and have been for about two weeks - I guess it'll be another 68-77 days (according to Trav)!
I wish I had some knitting to blog, but it's top secret, so it'll have to wait. Seems like gardening is all that's on the brain here anyways, so welcome to my world :)
~Becky

2 comments:

The Wistes said...

This looks MAGNIFICENT!!! I love it. Good job Trav! I can't wait to see everything in full foliage and bloom. You will have, by far, the most beautiful lawn in town (and most productive, too).

Love,
Katie

The Wistes said...

Hey - from Katie again. I was talking to my coworker, Jake, about your garden, Trav, and he said you should put in a water garden. I'm not exactly sure what they are, but if you search for them on-line you should be able to find plenty of information, he said.