Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Right now I am...

Baking Bread. It's 80 degrees in the house, and I waited thinking the heat of the oven wouldn't be so bad this late in the day. I'm still getting used to this new weather! Its a Mixed Grain batch, so besides the normal white and wheat flour, it also includes corn meal and oatmeal. It looks pretty- I sprinkled it with a few oatmeal specs prior to baking, but not sure how this humidity is affecting the rise. I'm trying out some new prototypes for the farmer's market (and for us- I'm reading The Village Baker). I don't know if the "regular" loaf varieties will sell as well as the artisan loaves baked on stone.
Everyone else in the house is sleeping- Charlie fell asleep at the neighborhood watch meeting, after singing to everyone. It was perfect timing; they asked if anyone else had something to say, and he obliged. Not much else was going on in the neighborhood anyways, just some complaining about bushes, the new round-about, and discussion on same-sex marraige. Then we went home and he settled into sleep (in a summer romper no less).
If I wanted to turn on the air, I'd have to deal with the hive some bee's built in the switch box outside. Not sure about that one. There were a couple of cells in it last year, so I just used the end of a wooden spoon. Now I can't even see the switch, although it did not look very active.

Til' next time,

~Becky

No comments: